Westside homecoming court
Labor Day Parade
Pineville police nab Georgia men on drug charges
- Elvis in the house - 12:09 pm
- Commission discusses mitigation plan - 12:00 pm updated: 12:09 pm.
- WHS parade starts at 6 p.m. - 2:30 pm
- Meeting launches Handle With Care - 10:36 pm
- BOE looks at math, AP exams - 9:39 pm
- Marshall students engage in community service - 4:04 pm
- MU president to be invested Thursday - 4:02 pm
- Voters reminder: No straight-ticket voting - 3:15 pm
- Concord taking part in dictionary project - 3:11 pm
- WVU researchers look at future of emissions technology - 3:06 pm
- Southern to go tobacco-free in 2017 - 2:52 pm
- Health center grants announced - 2:42 pm
- PSC: Budget billing can make a difference - 2:40 pm
- Families urged to develop emergency plan - 2:38 pm
- Reading Fair planned for Thursday - 2:34 pm
- DHRR meeting slated on source water protection - 1:04 pm
- Florida man shot during break in attempt - 11:43 am
- Man killed in ATV accident - 11:25 am
- EDA board hears industrial park update - 10:45 am updated: 10:45 am.
- County reading fair set for Thursday - 6:25 pm
- They’re moving on - 12:04 pm
- Handle With Care launches in county - 9:10 pm
- County schools announce menus - 9:35 pm
- Meadows honored as Emergency Manager of the Year - 7:00 pm updated: 7:00 pm.
- Southern to host environmental seminar - 5:01 pm
- Five to be inducted into MU’s journalism Hall of Fame - 4:20 pm
- CU welcomes international students - 4:14 pm
- Dominion Gas employees locked out - 1:21 pm
- Officials, candidates respond to mine announcement - 1:14 pm
- Oceana seeks, and gets, some debt relief - 12:34 pm
- Mullens Chamber to host Chili Night - 12:19 pm
- BOE learns about anti-drug program - 9:06 am
- Jamboree scheduled for Sept. 23-25 - 3:40 pm updated: 6:07 pm.
- Welcome back - 9:27 pm
- Pool party - 9:24 pm
- Southern hosts Faculty Convocation - 9:18 pm
- Senators announce funds for child protection program - 9:11 pm
- Allen named Service Personnel of the Year - 8:15 pm updated: 8:15 pm.
- Voices of Appalachia to be in Oceana Saturday - 8:02 pm
- Local woman in reality show, pageant - 5:14 pm
- Meadows honored - 4:58 pm
- Congressman reveals mobile office hours - 4:53 pm
- Capito announces mobile office hours - 4:49 pm
- Morgan named Teacher of the Year - 3:22 pm
- Jenkins issues statement on mine openings - 1:29 pm
- Sheriff releases August report - 12:11 pm
- Business fundamentals class set for October - 11:40 am
- NCIF, trail authority announce partnership - 10:04 am
- Business fundamentals class set for October - 7:12 pm
- WEHS Lady Warriors will lead Labor Day parade - 8:50 pm
WVU researchers look at future of emissions technology
On most days, the air seems to vibrate at a higher frequency in the labs of West Virginia University’s Center for Alternative Fuels, Engines and...
Southern to go tobacco-free in 2017
Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College will go tobacco-free on July 1, 2017.The policy will take effect on all campuses and sites.Afte...
Health center grants announced
U.S. Representative Evan Jenkins (R-W.Va.) announced today that 10 Third Congressional District community health centers have received more than $600,...
PSC: Budget billing can make a difference
With cooler weather just around the corner, the Public Service Commission of West Virginia reminds consumers that budget billing and average monthly p...
Families urged to develop emergency plan
The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources’ Center for Threat Preparedness is urging the public to plan for emergencies by deve...
Reading Fair planned for Thursday
The Wyoming County Reading Fair will be held this Thursday at Oceana Middle School.The project set up is 8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.Judging begins at 10:00 ...
Class A No. 2 Bobcats top East
A murderer’s row schedule continues to present challenges for Wyoming East.Class A co-No. 2 Summers County, one of three Warrior foes who are st...
Soccer: Patriots top Warriors
Midland Trail scored a shut out win over Wyoming East in girls soccer last Monday.The Patriots dominated possession for much of the match on their way...
Man tops Renegades, 27-14
Man battled back from a second half deficit to trim Westside, 27-14, last Friday at Man.It was the first loss of the season for the Renegades, who are...
Grizzlies pull away from East
Nicholas County took command with a pair of second quarter touchdowns and went on to beat Wyoming East, 35-0, last Friday at New Richmond.The Warriors...
Second half lifts WVU past Youngstown State
West Virginia pulled away in the second half and beat Youngstown State, 38-21, last Saturday in Morgantown.The Mountaineers (2-0) were in a 14-14 tie ...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Masons meetPineville Masonic Lodge No. 138 conducts meetings on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month. All brethren are encouraged to attend e...
School menus announced
Wyoming County Schools Breakfast menuWednesday September 21French ToastSyrup, PancakeCerealOrangeJuiceMilk—————-Grab-N-G...
MMA to host Thanksgiving dinner
The Mullens Area Ministerial Association will once again be having its Annual Fellowship Thanksgiving Dinner on Thanksgiving Day, November 24, 2016 fr...
The Wyoming County Sheriff’s Department will conduct a DUI checkpoint on U.S. Route 52 at Hanover on Sept. 24 from 8 p.m. to 12 midnight....
Teen Leaders meeting slated
The West Virginia University Extension Service will be hosting a Teen Leaders meeting.The meeting is set for Oct. 20 at the Twin Falls Campground and ...
Turning frogs loose was fun—for some
In earlier times I would be mowing yards or hunting some other odd jobs to supplement my income. Actually , that would be my income.Spring always mean...
Bear season kicks off big game hunting
As of the first day of September hunting seasons are officially in full swing. The weather is hot and steamy and the outdoor action is heating up righ...
Sending kids to college helps keep them at home
Over the past few weeks, families across the state hugged their children goodbye and sent them off to college. For many, it was a bittersweet and emot...
Spunk Acord had a good time at the golf course
The obituary heading said Stanley Acord.Had they not included the nickname, it is possible that I would have missed it.I knew “Spunk” Aco...
Early squirrel season hunting has challenges
Ahh, it finally looks like the weather might be starting to cool off just a little and get back to some more tolerable temperatures. I was beginning t...
Moths are butterflies of the night
Things that go bump in the night have always haunted people as they go along their travels in the still blackness of the dark. If those things that go...